Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day Two Hundred: Evening of February 20th 2010

Well the competition is over and ended pretty much on time. The scores were tabulated and the results were ready for the awards ceremony - mission accomplished. There were a few glitches, but were handled in a timely manner. It was interesting when I was manually determining the ranking of the solo performance, and one of the judges recommended using the sort function in Excel. She was right, and why didn’t I think of that. Most of the rankings are short stacks, one to four entrants, so eyeballing works fine and isn’t time consuming, but in this case there were twenty participants, and I was about two-thirds done when the recommendation was made. Nothing like fast and accurate, although we were tripped up the first and second try because of the fields that were selected, but the third try worked and viola the rankings were complete. I’m glad someone reminded me of the alternative approach and a more correct use of an application.
I hope I’ll be able sneak in some gaming tomorrow.
We shall see.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment