Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day One Hundred ninety-one: Evening of February 11th 2010

I’m glad I called the cable company up before the repair man came out. Letting them put on a note on the work order, probably saved the repairman some time. I was playing Batman: Arkham Asylum and notice the time. I had entered the three hour span of time that the cable company designated for the repairs to take place. I hit paused , walked to a window overlooking the street and noticed everything looked the same as an earlier check. No RCN van was parked on the freshly plowed street. I was glad it would be a van, because it would be able manage the raised ridge of snow left as evidence of the wake of the city snow plow. As I looked out of the window, an unmarked white van slowed down in front of the house, paused and moved on. Maybe, just maybe, it was the repairman. I returned to the game, played for about twenty minutes, finished a level, and quit. I didn’t want be in the midst of a battle between Batman and minions of The Joker when the doorbell range. I didn’t need to do that, though, because he was in the alley, on his ladder, working on the downed line. I’ve worked on electronics in in 25 degree weather, at night, in a wind driven sleet storm, and it isn‘t fun. So, I’m glad it was sunny with little to no wind where he was working. It wasn’t fun, but it was straight forward. Cable service was back in about an hour, if not less. Hurray.
To bad my cold hasn’t relented, so that I could really enjoy the moments that followed. The games, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Mass Effect 2, sole purpose was to provide a distraction from the cold that was apparently packing my head with cotton. It wasn’t long after beginning to play ME2, that I began to drift off into sleep.
I’ve begun to believe that this to have feeling will not be leaving soon. So I’m glad that everything is up and running, and I can decide on whether or not to continue playing or do something else. It’s nice to have choices.
For as long as it is needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment