Friday, February 19, 2010

Day One Hundred ninety-nine: Evening of February 19th 2010

No gaming today, but a major struggle that was resolved temporarily. Then finishing the day with preparation for my tabulating duties for an Illinois Drill Team Association competition at Navy Pier, Chicago.
The struggle began when I tried to sync my iPhone. Usually an iPhoto sync occurs before anything else on my Mac Book Pro. Then I open iTunes and perform a sync. But today iPhoto crashed and, coupled with a previous overnight non-charge iPhone charge, I decided to do a restore. The result of that operation was over two hours of frustration as the restore operation could not be completed.
Apple has programmed iTunes sync operation to automatically open the support page describing the steps to be taken to troubleshoot the problem, if iTunes and the phone cannot complete the restore. I’m not going to describe all the steps. It would take too long and it was a straight forward list of activities to try before calling Apple Support.
Ultimately, as I held my breath, the sync bar on the iPhone reached the end, the firmware upgrade was completed, and the phone started up again. What did I do that was different? I don’t know. As a matter of fact, I haven’t any idea what occurred, other than holding my breath. I’m happy that my phone is online, but I will now be waiting for another failure.
I’ll call Tech Support on Sunday and see if this problem is something that is in the troubleshooting book of tricks.
We shall see.
For as long as it‘s needed, I’ll keep closing this way, please check out a good organization that’s providing aid in Haiti and make whatever kind of contribution that you can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment