Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day One Hundred twenty-two: evening of December 2nd 2009

What a difference a few levels and the right equipment can make. I breezed through the final Borderlands' gladiatorial challenge that I had problems a few days ago. The extra levels enhanced my life source, and my proficiency with weapons also increased the power of the weapons. Selecting the most appropriate military skill unit (heavy gunner) added more power, accuracy, and increased magazines size meant that I could hit hard, fast and longer than my opponents. I was a pleasure watching the hit points flow away from my intended target.
I committed a number of errors in play. The chief one was finishing the game before I checked out the side quests. Talk about being sucked into a game. I would think along these lines, “I just need a few more points to level-up. Just until two pm - for sure,” or “Wow the guardian characters look so interesting, how hard is it to take down,” or “I’m not going to let this monster beat me.” So, as the trophy was entitled, “Destroyed the Destroyer.” Even after the end of the game, I decided to see if I could find the Zombie adventure. The rational, “How do their zombies look?” The game designers sure knew how to bait, lure and catch the gamer in this epic adventure (40 hours minimum, estimating the approximate time on game). I can let it rest here or look into another game, with a different character type (more points for me if, if I’m picked up. ‘Decisions, decisions, decisions.”
Just before I started this post, I noticed a ‘making of ‘Avatar’’ on cable. The computing powers used to link the real actors with their ‘avatar’ for on the fly viewing the of the scene was truly amazing. I am looking forward to the release of this movie, even if I view the movie some times after its release when the blu-ray DVD is issued.

No comments:

Post a Comment