Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day One Hundred forty-two: evening of December 22nd 2009

I started wondering about starting a new game in Borderlands with my existing Soldier class character. He’s was at the 42nd level and in the coop game dominates the battlefield. Well that changed when I began a replay at the Soldier’s current level. Talk about eye opening. Most of the ordinary opposing forces are around the 32nd level, but the bosses are closer to the Soldier‘s level, heavily armored, and “packin’ heat.” The Soldier’s weapon will be issuing 300+ damage to a boss over and over, using up a clip of sixty shells and the beastie is still standing. The next thing I know - BAM - my shields are gone and I’m taking serious damage. The adrenaline kicks in, the controller is lowered to my lap for stability, and I reckon whether it would be better to turn about and run or drop my turret gun, then shifting to flank the opponent in this scenario. Most of the times the turret gun is enough, but on occasion, I run to the nearest cover and wait a bit, shield charging, and I’m looking at the HUD (Heads Up Display) checking the approximate location of the enemy forces. I’ve had to ‘fight for my life’ on at least three times so far.
I’m not sure what I’m going to do tomorrow. Take a break from Borderlands, and go back to Dragon Age: Origins on the Mac, or continue the Borderlands primary mission to finish up.
There are other games waiting in the wings, and I have to take on those challenges, also.
We shall see tomorrow, hopefully the snow shoveling won’t take everything out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment