Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day One Hundred thirty-three: evening of December 13th 2009

Today was pretty much a low tech to no tech day: Laundry, pet maintenance, Christmas tree lights, dish washing, and Chicago Bears watching (most unsatisfactory).
When it became obvious that the Bears weren’t going anywhere, I snuck in a few hours of Call of Duty Classic on the PS3. The game is on the hard drive, so quitting is simple - no disk to remove. Not much has changed, the hard scenarios are still hard, and the graphics still hold up. I played through the American and British sections, yesterday and today, and had fun with the challenges of the first Call of Duty game.
During the British defense of the bridge on D-day, after throwing some grenades, it dawned on me that during my stalled progress in Modern Warfare, yesterday, I threw some grenades, but when I completed the previous scenario, I didn’t have any grenades, flash-bang or fragmentation, when I left the building. Hopefully the appearance of grenades in this one might mean I have some smoke grenades available. If that is the case, then I have something else to try tomorrow.
Well it’s pleasant sitting here with the Christmas tree’s lights supplying some of the light in the room. After taking out the dog, it will be straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment