Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day One Hundred twenty-five: evening of December 5th 2009

I decided to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 at the veteran level. I was watching an Xbox Live piece about playing MW2, and the Xbox staffers that were hosting that segment said that that was the way to go. It’s very challenging and very frustrating at times. In other words, your avatar, you, die a lot. Well it’s true. I’m about a third of the way through and I’ve lost track of the times that I’ve “pined for the fjords” (a Monty Python parrot reference). I was amazed that I actually got through the first half of Brazilian slum scenario, but I did.
Advice: know where the next check point is and do what ever it takes to survive until you get there. If you die before you get there, know what was the cause of your demise. The ‘tangos’ don’t always reappear in the same place at the same time, but you should be aware that the game’s AI considers that a prime location to place a weapon. If you have enough grenades, use the walls to carom them into the center of the next room, flash bang or fragmentation, just remember not to run into the room before they go off. If the situation allows it, play the corners, using them to screen you while you acquire and shoot your tango. I’m not very good at returning grenades thrown at me, so I run a lot. This exposes you to fire, but if you know the lay of the land behind you, you might find a nook to duck behind. Switch weapons, based on situation you are entering. If the tangos are close, shotgun or machine pistols will work, otherwise assault weapons.
Well, I have to get back to the second half of the Brazilian slum scenario. I need to prepare myself for a leap of faith, after a long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment