Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day One Hundred forty-three: evening of December 23rd 2009

Today was a very hectic day, the safety release valve on one of the hot water heaters failed. Luckily I was able to get a hold of our plumbers, and the valve was replaced. But it is a temporary fix, the water heater is almost twenty years old , and has started showing its age. This event, plus the usual housework, and some Christmas preparations really twisted intentions of the day.
I managed to squeeze in about an hour and a half of Borderlands, and all I can say is it is a completely different game. The creatures from the first play through have evolved into major beasties, human, avian, and animal (I haven’t even gotten to the zombie island). I’m wondering how I’m going to handle some of the oncoming battles.
The good thing about the more powerful enemies- higher experience points. I was able to advance two levels in the short session. Another bad thing, the higher cost of living-weapons and player enhancements cost an extremely large amounts of cash.
Well tomorrow is another action packed day, waiting for the plumbers, wrapping presents, and more house cleaning in preparation for the family Christmas dinner on Friday.
Have a merry holiday season and best wishes for the upcoming new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment