Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day One Hundred thirty-six: evening of December 16th 2009

Borderlands is additive. I just wanted to try out the other characters. I thought that I would play the new character until I achieved a trophy for using the character’s special talent. I wasn’t sure I how long that would take, but at least it would be a fixed point.
So I started with the Hunter character, whose special talent is the ability to activate ‘falcon’ creature that would attack one of the creatures opposing me. The trophy is awarded when fifteen foes are killed this way. I think that occurred during the eighth or ninth level. I should have stopped, but I just needed to play a bit more to activate some weapon. If I wanted to play at a later time, it would be nice to have my character’s offense set. The next thing I know, it’s an hour and a half hours later, and I’ve passed level thirteen. I’m glad I was able to finish up my morning chores, because I could feel the guilt building. I stopped playing the Hunter, and shifted to the Siren.
Siren talent, as best as I understand right now, is a power stealth move. You press the activation trigger, she vanishes with a ‘pop’, is able to move unseen for x number of seconds and reappears with another ’pop’. Apparently the ‘pop’ can be destructive to those nearby. I haven’t tried it yet, because I had to run errands and get supper ready (everybody’ favorite Potbelly’s entrees with a latte chaser), but I will.
So my plans to play Demon’s Souls and Dragon Age: Origins fell through, but what’s the use of being retired if you can’t be a little flexible-maybe tomorrow or maybe not. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment