Friday, December 25, 2009

Day One Hundred forty-five: evening of December 25th 2009

With the family activities behind me, I was able to fire-up the Xbox 360 and play one of my gifts from my wife and daughter - Brutal Legend - at about 10 pm. So I tried to complete the first stage/scenario in the game. It is a very nicely done game. Villains look villainous, and heroes, heroic. The intro with Jack Black is interesting way to draw you into the visual setup for the game as a Rocker’s adventure in the old days of rock music. It was a wish by the Roadie, voiced by Jack Black, to go back to good old days of Heavy Metal. A wish that is granted after an on stage accident, and is well beyond his expectations.
So, I played through the first scenario, a tutorial, which introduced me to the basic moves, attack, defend, power moves, combos, and driving. I might have to play it again, just to get better feel for the controls, or just pull out the manual and refresh my knowledge of the moves that can be done. I’ll probably go with the manual and learn the moves over again.
As the game progressed, I wonder if I’ll be able to handle the driving sections. I have a tendency to keep the ‘pedal to the metal’ but, in this game, ‘maneuvering’ is an aspect of the driving portion of the adventure, and I’m going to have to master it.
The only other thing that happened was an email from my sister about the game Oblivion, which was her Christmas gift. It’s an old game, but very stable and I though, easy to get into. Well I was wrong, so I’ll have to answer it as soon as I complete my blog entry
Which I will do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment