Monday, December 21, 2009

Day One Hundred forty-one: evening of December 21st 2009

I downloaded the Mac version of Dragon Age: Origins. It took approximately three hours to download and another fifteen minutes to expand/install. Once installed, I had to log onto EA Online to register/activate the game, then it was off to the fantasy adventure. It seemed to be structured similar to the console game, but there were differences in the character set up. Building the physical appearance of my character seemed smoother and less complex. I felt that the information about the skills and talents were better explained as I selected them.
I decided to try a different character type, so I selected to play as a human warrior. And the introductory story was completely different from the elf setup. The mechanics allow you to approach the adventure up close like the console or, using the scroll wheel, zoom out and play "a la Diablo" (Can you guess which I chose?).
I played for about an hour, moving through a set of interactions, and picked up my first party member - my pet war dog. We fought a battle against some large rats, and used the pause to assign the initial attacks and then let the battle take its course with only minor adjustments. No one was seriously hurt.
After completing the familiarization scenario, the real battle begins with a sneak attack upon the defenseless castle (the main force had been sent off to the impending battle against the Dark forces). Roused from sleep by the sounds of battle, I had to put on my armor and begin battling the human invaders with the support of my pet. After defeating the initial assault, I find that my mother appears to be alright, but as to the rest of the family, that has yet to be confirmed. I paused, saved, and exited the game. It was supper time. I’ll get back to it tomorrow.
I’m glad I have completed enough of the Borderlands adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment