Friday, December 18, 2009

Day One Hundred thirty-eight: evening of December 18th 2009

I spent about two hours playing Demon’s Souls this afternoon. It didn’t take long to familiarize myself with the controller, and was off to explore the castle that I initially started with. The side access that I had opened remained open, but I had to fight my way through the same foes that I had previously disposed of. Because the doorway had remained open, I was able to get to the battlement without having to retrace my original path.
I happy to say that I didn’t die during this run through, although I did come very close twice. The first close call was when I wasn’t able to separate to more heavily armed human guards, and the second happened when I trigger a trap on a narrow battlement causing large rounded boulders to crash down on me and the undead warriors I was engaged with. That last one was too close for comfort, luckily I had been collecting the smaller heath potions and was able to regain my health, and continue my exploration. What kind of things did I find: Another armored knight traps by undead warriors; a merchant, trap behind some ruble, who has a selection of armor and weapons - it looks like I will be fighting my way through the castle a few more times to accumulate enough souls (the only recognized currency so far; and some dragons, one at rest and the other alert. I got as close as I though wise, but ultimately I allowed discretion be my guide and returned to the nexus to repair and stow my old gear - my trusted leather helm, which was replaced by a plate metal helmet.
At this point, I decided to check out some of the other portals and will begin exploring the additional areas that may supply me with souls and equipment. We shall see what becomes of me in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment