Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day Sixty-two: late evening of October 3rd 2009

I did some laundry, took a long nap round noon, and ate supper with the family, but the rest of the day has been digitizing slides. Wow, I thought spotting prints was bad, but these old slides are inspection intensive. The zoom feature make finding flaws easy, too easy as a matter of fact. At 200% magnification, I can see speck that are less than 4 pixels. I’m going to have to find some of my old photography equipment to see if my ear syringe is there, otherwise I’ll get another one to handle the dust on the slides.
Handling the underwater slides was an adventure in discovery. I started using the exposure controls in Photoshop, and then began playing around with the color balancing tools only to discover fish that I hadn’t seen before in some shots. I’ll have check those controls out further. Fascinating, how many times I looked at those shots before and never really noticed them, and now, after thirty-seven years there they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment