Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day Eighty-seven: evening of October 28th 2009

I didn’t have much of a chance to even read the websites today, let alone play any of my video games. Well, that’s not entirely true, I did play about an hour and a half of The New York Times Crosswords on the DS.
My wife needed my services as a backup chaperon to go with her and about twenty of her Graphic Communication students to the University of Illinois-Chicago. The university and AIGA (a professional association for design) sponsored a presentation and panel discussion related to design related careers and the importance of continuing education.
It was interesting to watch the variety of image making that relied upon current technology. I mean the whole visual component of the presentation ran through a Mac laptop. Quicktime, Keynote, Final Cut Pro, and unknown sound editors were acknowledged tools for the creation of the presenters' projects. I’m glad that the university and AIGA put the program together. It’s important to let the future designers, filmmakers, sound editors, et al, know where the state of technology is currently and where their potential to push the visual design might take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment