Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day Eighty-three: evening of October 24th 2009

Today’s adventure involved helping my wife out by describing the digitization of my slides while she recorded the activity. She’s taking part in an mini-course covering digital video production, and her assignment required the recording of an interview in association of some form of demonstration. She decided that my digitization project would fit nicely into these parameters of the assignment. It was funny, but for all the digital technology present the toughest part was setting up the tripod for the camcorder.
Now, I’m sitting here, waiting for the a help request, which won’t happen because I’m waiting for it (corollary to Murphy’s Law).
The actual interview covered how my preservation action was triggered when I saw other peoples’ images on Facebook. I wanted to preserve and post my work - a digital footprint - for others to see. The rest of the interview dealt with the nature, scope and depth of the documentation. There was a brief demonstration of the process of digitization, and that was it. I don’t think the actual recording took longer than fifteen minutes.
I’ll have to wait to see how this turns out. Color me curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment