Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day Sixty-five: evening of October 6th 2009

Fallout 3 on the PlayStation 3 received the most continuous attention today, but digitizing the slides took the longest amount of time (multiple scanning sessions). I should have played IL2 Sturmovik, because it demands more of my attention. I say this, because I fell asleep in a straight back chair. I mean, there is action in Fallout 3, but there are slower more contemplative moments, that can lull me into a relaxed state. With me, that can turn into a nod and then sleep can becomes a state that I can drift off into.
It even happened while I was working on this entry. I’ll stop typing, start reading, and I’m off (as in turn the light off). I worked on the slides-no slippage. I worked on the Halloween poster-no drifting off. Of course there is an extenuating circumstance as I type the blog, I’m in the very relaxing recliner as I type. Way too comfortable a device to work in.
When I do the laundry tomorrow, I’m going to get some more slides to work with. Once you can establish a procedure, the task has become more manageable (even though the tediousness remains). All the tech gear is functioning. The TWAIN plug in makes using the scanner through Photoshop so much better.
I moved the Xbox Arcade down to my daughter’s apartment, with her old console games. That went quickly, as I was able to use a single HDMI cable, compared to a composite cable with is five lines). I’m so happy that I can use the HDMI when I can.
I have to finish this up, the recliner is working its magic on me, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment