Friday, October 2, 2009

Day Sixty-one: evening of October 2nd 2009

Most of the day was spent working on the scanning of my old slides. After doing about twenty slides with the X-Acto knife, I remembered how to cut the film out of the cardboard. It is significantly faster, less tedious, and not as hazardous (X-Actos have sharp, sharp blades).
An interesting announcement was made regarding Nintendo’s latest patch for the Wii, version 4.2, on “The Feed” during Attack of the Show last night. Apparently targeting modified (mods) machines, besides some system tweaks, it has had an unexpected side effect. It damages some unmodified Wiis, turning them into non-functioning bricks. According to the report, Nintendo says that the only way to fix the unit would be to replace the mother board. “The Feed” recommends, “Don’t update!”
Well, I will wait until v. 4.3 is issued before I do anything, and even then I’ll wait a bit, thank-you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment