Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day Seventy-three: evening of October 14th 2009

I managed to play Uncharted 2 for about two and a half hours today. I can say that all the positive descriptions of the game are on the money, with the following exception-me. According to the statistics kept by the program, I spent about a half an hour standing around and I failed to reach any of the scenario’s checkpoint twenty-three times (died).
Other than my ineptitude, the game is slick, has great graphics, exhibits no glaring glitches (so far), presents smooth movement (camera, character, environment), and has a cinematic story line that flows through the character’s adventuring. Also, it’s nice to have a support character, that works with you, gives advice, and stays away from you if the situation warrants it.
A word about my ineptitude. It takes me some time to check out the environment to look for potential routes. It took me a while to realize that the game’s designers use modeling to teach you what some upcoming moves. As you play you’ll see you associate perform a move and have you follow, followed later by a situation that will require you to use that move. And then when I experiment with jumps and takedowns, failure equated to death in most of the attempts.
As soon as I finish this, I’ll walk the dog, and go back to playing Uncharted 2.
As an aside, the final downloads for Fallout 3 on the PS3 were in the store, bringing the total of DLC for the game to six. Each of the downloads in $ 9.99. If I had to pick one to recommend, it would be “The Pitt” with the “Point Lookout” DLC a very close second.
“The game is afoot.”

No comments:

Post a Comment