Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day Sixty: evening of October 1st 2009

I started the scanning of my 30 + year old slides.
More importantly, I found the solution to my sync problem with Photoshop CS4 and my scanner. It started after I sorted edited my slides this morning. I intended to work through the Canon Solution Menu to do my scanning, but I had to try one more time to find the ‘patch’ that allows Photoshop to recognize the LiDE 700F. I started a Goggle search with the keywords ”canon scanners and photoshop.” The fist ten hits appeared on the screen. I tried the first link, to Maria’s Guide, but it just sited my problem, but with a different LiDE. The next link, was a request for help, and suggestions for solutions, which I had tried. The third, was in an Adobe Forum, and specifically names CS4 as an element of the problem. I clicked on it, and, viola, the second response to the problem, posted a fix through this link, http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalld=kb405072&sliceld=2. This directs you to “Using TWAIN in Photoshop CS4“, http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405072.html. The title sounded great, and the final entry, “To install the TWAIN plug-in on Mac OS:” was exactly what I was looking for. It sounded so right, because it dealt with something I thought didn’t needed to be installed. I though that the TWAIN plug-in was in the Import/Export plug-ins, which is why I never checked for it. The plug-in provides a link to any external undefined import device. I followed the directions for installing it, and began checking out the scanner interface. After playing around with the settings for about a half an hour, I had the settings working to achieve the desired results.
Cutting the film out of the slide, orienting the film in the special carrier, previewing the scan, and finally getting the scan done takes about five minutes. If I notice a flaw, using the modifying tools, smudge, or clone, I’ll correct it. So the total operation takes about six to nine minutes.
I worked on a set of slides that I’m forwarding to my sister. It took me about an hour. Memories are attached to those slides, as I was sending them to my sister, I hope her memories are pleasant and warm, but you can never tell about memories. I hope I haven’t done something that might hurt my sister feelings. I’ll probably find out when I speak to her in a day or so.

1 comment:

  1. I have also facing a problem about installing Twain plugin. some times this plugin is not working than i have to uninstall and reinstall t again.

    Mobile Phone Accessories

    ReplyDelete