Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day Eighty: evening of October 21st 2009

I’m not sure if this blog entry will upload, but I’ll give it an abbreviated try.
I had to do some paper work today, and when that was done I played about three and a half hours of Uncharted 2. Now I know that I mentioned that I finished it, but it was at the ‘Easy’ difficulty setting, it’s running at the ‘Normal’ setting, and I’ve realized that I should have started at that level to begin with, but as I’ve stated I like to get a feel for the controls and the environment (rationalization). Overall, I think that my gaming skills have improved a bit.
The one thing that I still have problems with is the treasure hunting used in some games. They become a distraction. Case in point, Uncharted 2, has 100 hidden treasures, of which I found only 19. I don’t know how many times I leapt to my death trying to reach a ledge that I thought would take me to a treasure. So I hit GamesRadar.com to use the hints/cheats to accumulate the treasures. I think I have about 75 items at this time. It’s interesting, the gun fire is more deadly and I’m dying at a rate that is comparable with my treasure hunting faux pas.
I wonder if the coaching will give me insight into the thought process of the treasure hiders?

No comments:

Post a Comment