Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day Seventy: evening of October 11th 2009

Today was a four and a half load laundry day. Today was a three dog walk day, so far. Today was a normal Sunday, sans Bears game, at home. The big change since retirement can be best described as, “Today has not been a weeks worth of clothes ironing day.” An early morning Sunday wakeup, followed by strawberry pancakes with whipped cream and a catch up nap rounded out the morning until 1:30 pm. It was pleasant, and then the day began.
One of the power supplies for one of the Mac laptops went out. It was a strange, and intermittent problem. I tried it on another laptop and it worked for awhile, and then it stopped. I swapped cords, no luck. I tried a different electric outlet, and it worked, for a while. I began to think it was a heat related problem. The longer the device was on and as it heated up, the temperature increase caused something to breakdown. After experimenting a little longer, we decided to purchase a new power supply. When I checked it out online I discovered that the model we were using was not the correct one. It was under powered. The laptop required an 85 watt model and the one that was being used was a 60 watt model. I guess supplied enough power for the laptop to work, and charged at a diminished rated. It wasn’t readily noticed, because it charged over night - I guess.
A visit to the local BestBuy is always fun. The lights, the cameras. the action, its all so over powering, just like a trip to a hardware store. I’m too embarrassed to document my purchases, but we did get the power supply.
After the visit, it became a four and a half load day, a three dog walk day, a normal Sunday at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment