Monday, September 7, 2009

Day Thirty-seven: evening of September 7th 2009

Labor Day and I labored. Nothing heavy, just enough to keep me from doing anything serious in the way of gaming and online information gathering. One thing that did happen, were some patches that Windows stated that I needed to install, and so I did. One was a security patch for Windows XP and the other was a .NET tweak. Both were downloaded, applied and the computer restarted. No big deal, it took five minutes.
The machine restarts, and I get a message that my wifi hookup is running at a diminished capacity or not at all. So this is what I get when I follow directions and protect my computer. Well, I’ll try out the Toshiba Connectivity software, and it ran a check that ultimately took me back to the Control Panel. I had to go into properties, retype the network password in, and turned over the operation of linking up to the system to the system (I've always loved doing that), which is fine. I also made sure that the home network was first in the order of networks to work with.
That was the deepest incursion into technology that I took today.
I labored and played no games. I labored but managed to check my email and type this short update (which is becoming a ‘bad’ word as of late).

No comments:

Post a Comment