Friday, September 25, 2009

Day Fifty-four: late evening of September 25th 2009

I forgot to mention that I moved the console around the other day. The signal strength was really erratic the Xbox 360, switched places with the PlayStation 3, to see if that made a difference. It did, the Xbox seemed a bit stronger, but the PS3 was now demonstrating erratic reception. The solution to this problem, is on hold right now. I tried stacking with the PS3 on top of the cabinet (its cables were a bit longer than the 360’s). It seems to be, but it hasn’t been stress tested. There are times during the evening that the signal appears diminished. There might be a relationship of the diminishes signal strength and the increased number of active wifi units being used in the evening. The other issue might be how it looks in the room, the black case of the PS3 helps it blend into the décor, but I’ll see is my wife notices it. If she finds it objectionable, then something else will be tried.
I played both HALO 3:ODST and IL-2 Sturmovik and had a challenging afternoon (HALO) and evening (IL-2). I tried to get closer to the opposition plane before I open fire, I started to see an improvement in my maneuvering, but I still have a way to go. There was one time that as I moved closer, scoring some hits, that the oil line leakage was actually flying back onto my windshield, ultimately blocking it out. The most challenging action, occurred in the final tutorial, when the flight physics was set to realistic, and I had to deal with stalls, using judgment in working with angle of deflection (leading the aircraft), and landing the aircraft. I had to quit for dinner, was able to complete it after dessert. Playing it that way is very intense, and leaves you wondering how the hazards of real life training doesn’t result in more accident (realistic simulations and great instructors help I‘m sure).

No comments:

Post a Comment