Friday, September 11, 2009

Day Forty: evening of September 11th 2009

I was able to play two of my console games today. First a download session for F.E.A.R. 2 in the morning; then adventuring with Fable 2 in the afternoon; and, finally, playing IL 2 Sturmovik in the evening. It was it was nice way to stay off my feet, especially after running errands yesterday and the day before. The ankles were very happy this evening.
My biggest mistake in playing Fable 2, has been breaking away from play for two or three months. I’m not sure where I left off. There is a list of quests that I could work on,. Even with the description of the quests I’m a little confused about what I’m doing. Luckily, I can experiment while I try to discovering what I should be doing. When my daughter returned from work, I quit the game to greet her and let the dog back into her apartment. While I waited with her for my wife to return, I checked out some quests online to see if I could remember where I am in the game. I can’t say that it helped, but it did get me to focus on the game play.
IL 2 Sturmovik offers up a stable environment, although I notice a two or three minor glitches (mostly hanging up). I think that I mentioned a Macintosh game called Hell Cats over the Pacific, and how I’m looking for something that will give me the same kind of entertainment. I think I’ve found it. The graphics in IL2 are gorgeous,. The wear and tear that appears on the aircraft’s surfaces reminded me of the professionally made models that appeared in the windows of hobby shops. The clouds above and the patch work landscape below made it easy to pretend I was flying above the English countryside. I did that for about ninety minute, before it was time to feed the pets, and go down to work on this blog.
It’s funny how poor the graphics were in that Mac game compared this game. I know that I, idealized the older game, but am I glad that I picked up IL 2 Sturmovik. The only downside to this game is that fact that I’ll delay playing Fable 2 while I improve my flight skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment