Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day Thirty-eight evening of September 8th 2009

I only managed to play about forty minutes of Fable II, because of an appointment the required my attendance, and then some household chores after.
The computer was on briefly in the morning to check email, then again in the afternoon, when my wife returned. I checked my email again. When I shut down the system installed some updates prior to its controlled shut down. I decided to see if anything was changed, and, you guessed it (I hope), something had been changed. A language bar appeared at the top of the desktop. I didn’t want it so I removed it. I guess I should change the update protocol and regain control of the updating process.
Right now the McAfee Security Center is running a virus scan of the computer, which I will not change-security, security, security. Its check about 50% of the hard drive or about 33,000 file, so far.
When I set up the machine, I should have been a bit more careful about the update process. I guess, I was lazy, and I’m still retain a bit of that laziness today. I’ll probably take action the next time an update obviously changes the system with the help of an old book on Windows XP for Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment